Thursday 18 October 2012

October Flash - Day 17

The Flash Fiction Project at Google+ has something new going on! There will be a visual prompt for every day in October, and I'm going to try to write a (very) short piece for it every day as well. Due to time zone differences, I'll try writing and posting mine early in the morning, so it's a day after the original post for me, but still the same for them.

Let the fun begin! Here is the prompt for today:





"Oh, look, a duck!"
Did I just squeal? Oh god...
Do you know this situation? It's a beautiful summer's day and you're taking a walk with this great guy who is holding your hand, and you've just met and you feel so crazily happy you can barely think straight. That's when things like this happen; you squeal like a little girl, and instead of making fun of you he...
"A duck! Quick, we have to kiss!"
And before you can ask why, you're wrapped up in his arms and his lips prevent you from getting even the first word out.
"Wh—"
Of course you don't mind, though, so you don't fight. Nevertheless, I had to ask (after he let me go).
"Why do we have to kiss when we see a duck?"
You should have seen his mischievous grin!
"Because you're so cute and all excited when you see one."
"Ah..."
Admittedly, I didn't get it. But any reason to kiss is a good reason if the person kissing you is him, so who was I to complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment